Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and the spectators on their side of the field, specifically as it relates to the referee, coaches, players and spectators on the other team. Verbal and/or physical abuse will not be tolerated.
All persons coaching a team or teams within TTGIRLSLAX must adhere to the following Code of Conduct. As a coach in TTGIRLSLAX, I agree to:
• Remember that players participate for pleasure and winning is only part of the fun.
• Never ridicule or yell at players for making a mistake or not winning.
• Be reasonable in my demands on players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
• Operate within the rules and spirit of the game and teach my players to do the same.
• Ensure that the time players spend with me is a positive experience. All players are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
• Avoid overplaying talented players. All players deserve equal playing and training time, regardless of their ability.
• Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age, maturity and ability of all players.
• Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with sports. This includes, but is not limited to, opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. I will encourage my players to do the same.
• Show concern and caution toward sick and injured players. Follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to practice of play.
• Keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young players.
• Understand that any physical contact with a player should be appropriate to sports situations and necessary for the player’s development.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
• Believe that my role as a coach is to contribute to the overall success, physical, and athletic growth of the player through participation in sports.
• Endeavor to be a good instructor and a positive role model for my players.
• Remember my behavior brings credit to myself, TTGIRLSLAX and the sport.
• Believe that referees, just as coaches and players, are attempting to do their best.
• Understand that my attitude can influence the players, coaches and spectators.
• Demand a sports environment for the children that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all TTGIRLSLAX events.